Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has emerged at the top of the Republican field in the latest Investor’s Business Daily’s poll.
The latest IBD/TIPP poll shows support for Trump among registered Republicans and those leaning Republican is 28%, while support for Carson is 23%, followed by Rubio at 11%, Bush and Cruz at 6%, and Fiorina coming in at 3%.
“Trump’s support in the last poll suffered somewhat because of his nearly week-long boycott of Fox News, which has since been lifted,” said TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, which conducts the IBD/TIPP poll. “Carson has recently been under more scrutiny by both the media and other candidates.”
The poll also disclosed some additional findings:
- 61% say that the country is on the wrong track.
- 59% are dissatisfied with current federal economic policies.
- 48% say that the economy is not improving, while 48% say it is.
- 37% think Obama is effective in fighting the Islamic State; 80% see the terror group as a direct threat to the U.S.
- 60% of those following the Benghazi story think the Obama administration deliberately misled the public that the attack was the result of a video.