Donald Trump has won his party’s trust on top issues more than any other Republican presidential candidate, and now stands as the clear leader in the race for the GOP nomination, according to a new CNN/ORC poll:
- Donald Trump has the support of 24% of Republican registered voters.
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, stands 11 points behind at 13%.
- Ben Carson has 9%
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 8%
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul 6%
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, former tech CEO Carly Fiorina and Ohio Gov. John Kasich all land at 5%
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rounding out the top 10 at 4%.
Trump is the biggest gainer in the poll, up 6 points since July according to the first nationwide CNN/ORC poll since the top candidates debated in Cleveland on Aug. 6.
Carson gained 5 points and Fiorina 4 points.
Trump has also boosted his favorability numbers among Republicans and Republican-leaning voters, 58% have a favorable view of Trump now, that figure stood at 50% in the July survey.